Kue is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK.
The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
- When you sign up and apply for credit with Kue, we ask you for your name, email, location, telephone number date of birth, language, gender, profile picture, employment history and academic history, address history, employment status, income, type of accommodation, expenses and information relating to your bank accounts including statements of banking transactions.
- We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to perform our regulatory obligations
- to perform a credit assessment including credit checks with a credit bureau
- for payment and billing purposes
- for identification, anti-money laundering and anti-fraud checking
- to notify you of changes to the website
- to update you about new products/services
- to provide you with promotions, discounts and offers
- to improve our products/services
- to conduct research
- To provide a quality service and meet regulatory obligations, we may securely exchange your personal information with credit providers, credit bureaus, financial service providers, payment service providers, distribution partners and compliance checking services. Equally, our trusted partners may exchange your personal information with us. We will only exchange your personal information where we are satisfied that 3rd parties exercise the same standard of data protection as we do and where we feel there is genuine reason for exchanging information.
- We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation.We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check or update your personal details by online self-service facilities provided on the Kue platform or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We use a technology called “cookies” as part of a normal business procedure. Cookies are small text files that are created by a web server and stored on your computer when you visit a website. They don’t do anything i.e. they are not executable code and can only be read by (you and) the website that created them. You can view and edit the cookies on your computer like any other text file using a text editor (the contents are usually just strings of unique identifiers and date/timestamps). The website that created the cookie can read the contents when you are at their website.
- To identify what site referred the visitor to the Website
- To record analytics data
All the major browsers allow you to block cookies and delete those that have already been created on your computer, usually within the ‘Tools’ section of the browser. These tools allow you to specify which cookies you will accept by type and often by specific websites using an exception list e.g. you can block all cookies and then list the website from which you will accept cookies. There are also a wide choice of browser add-ins that you can install if you wish greater control over persistent cookies.
- In order to process payment transactions, the bank or payment processing agency may require to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the EEA (European Economic Area). Your information will not be transferred outside the EEA for any other purpose.
- If you have any questions about privacy please contact us at email@example.com